Monday, November 30, 2009

2 Fraine's and a Connearney in Frankfurt

What up world, it's me again. I have been seriously lacking at blogging and failing to fulfill promises of new blogs to you people. And you have all been so kind as to remind me quite often. I am sorry. I am still trying to play catch up with life but I think I have almost done that. Look at me being behind at the blog as a sign that I am out living!

So we are still playing catch up here, and we are on to one of the most exciting parts of my time here. The day that LEAH stepped foot back onto European soil! That is right folks, my sister got some big kid, fancy job and decided to buy a plane ticket to see me! And within days of her booking a ticket, our cousin Jessica, who is studying in Finland, decided to book one to see us for a weekend! That is right, three Fraine kids decided to hang out in Frankfurt for a weekend. Germany is still trying to figure out what hit it! So after leaving Bruges I hopped on a bus and got to Frankfurt. I got to the hostel and as I was trying to get my bag into a locker for the day I heard Leah and Jess coming down the stairs! It was a very exciting moment, as you can imagine!

Leah, Jess, and I had a fantastic weekend together. We arrived Thursday and stayed until early Monday morning. The weekend was full of crazy stories, crazy adventures, and crazy people. We met more people than I can really count. There was our roommate Doug, these peace corps guys that had just been evacuated for Guinea, some crazy people that worked at our hostel, some people that actually LIVED at our hostel, and then the random people we met going out. We toured around Frankfurt on Friday which was nice. It was fun for us all to get to experience a new city together. Saturday was Halloween and we went to a small town nearby called Heidelburg. They have a nice castle grounds and the world's largest keg! Standing at over 220,000 liters (or over 55,000 gallons) it was pretty massive! We went out for Halloween and had fun. We also met up with our "German Cousin" Johanna who lives in nearby Wiesbaden. Sadly, this was the first Halloween I can remember that I did not dress up. It was a little strange and didn't quite feel like Halloween, but it was a fun night regardless. And we even sang some karaoke! Sunday the country of Germany essentially shuts down! But we took a train out to Mainz where we thought we could find a few things to see and do. We were mistake and we instead wandered around a little bit. We got back to Frankfurt and had one last dinner together. Then we went to bed early so that we could get up early and catch our buses and planes home. It was awesome to get to spend a weekend with Jess. Leah and I hopped on a bus and she came back to Prague with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment